Derek Dundas is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Section. His practice is concentrated in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and securities matters and capital markets. He serves as outside corporate counsel to several public and private companies in a variety of industries, including apparel, Internet, technology, financial services, environmental services, manufacturing, and travel and leisure. Mr. Dundas regularly represents clients ranging from emerging growth companies to those seeking venture capital to large publicly held corporations.
In the mergers and acquisitions area, Mr. Dundas has represented acquirors and target companies in a variety of transactions including public company mergers, leveraged buy-outs and private acquisitions.
Mr. Dundas represents issuers, private equity firms and investment banks in public and private debt and equity offerings.
Prior to joining Rutan & Tucker in 2007, Mr. Dundas was a partner in the corporate department of Latham & Watkins LLP. Mr. Dundas received his J.D. in 1996 from the Georgetown University Law Center, after receiving a B.A. in Economics from the University of California, at Los Angeles in 1993.
- IPO representation of issuers in the technology and pharmaceutical industries
- Underwriter representation in IPOs and private securities offerings
- Representation of both acquiring and acquired companies in SEC registered mergers of public companies and stock-for-stock acquisitions by public companies
- Representation of both buyers and sellers in numerous acquisitions
- Representation of both issuers and investing institutions in venture capital and mezzanine investment transactions
- Representation of public companies in SEC reporting, proxy statements and registration of equity compensation plans (Form S-8)
- Counseling of public companies on Sarbanes-Oxley and going private transactions
- Counseling of public companies and their officers and directors on Section 16 matters, Rule 10b5-1 trading plans, and Rule 10b-18 stock repurchases.
- "Preserving The Attorney-Client Privilege in M&A Transactions," Orange County Business Journal, January 2013
- "Why You Need a Social Media Policy," Orange County Business Journal, June 2011