Mr. Marr is a corporate attorney with Rutan & Tucker, LLP, where he advises both public and private clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, representing buyers and sellers in a broad range of business sales and acquisition transactions. His industry experience includes software, technology, manufacturing, professional services, financial services and consumer products.
Mr. Marr also advises clients regarding software and technology licensing, commercial agreements, private placements of securities, debt financing, formation of new business entities and corporate governance.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Mr. Marr worked for approximately 10 years as a management and information technology consultant with both Ernst & Young (8 years) and Andersen Consulting (2 years).
Recent Representative Matters
- Software: Representation of a healthcare software company in connection with a series of four separate acquisitions of smaller healthcare software companies.
- Technology: Representation of a manufacturer of bipolar discrete semiconductors and transistors in connection with a sale to a semiconductor manufacturer specializing in system-engineering integrated circuits and high reliability semiconductors. Representation of a designer and manufacturer of radio frequency devices for military applications in connection with the acquisition of a provider of electronic assembly services.
- Manufacturing: Representation of a manufacturer of road paint in connection with a sale to a provider of traffic safety solutions. Representation of a manufacturer of brake actuators connection with a sale to a manufacturer of wheel end equipment. Representation of a manufacturer of bicycles connection with a sale to a private equity group. Representation of a manufacturer of swimsuits connection with a sale to a private equity group.
- Professional Services: Representation of an engineering firm in connection with a series of four separate acquisitions of smaller engineering firms. Representation of a provider of quality control services in connection with the acquisition of a provider of quality control services in a different geographical region.
- Financial Services: Representation of a provider of mortgages for multifamily housing projects in connection with a sale to a vertically integrated commercial real estate finance and investment management company focused on multifamily and healthcare lending. Representation of an investor in residential mortgages in connection with an acquisition of resident mortgage originator.
- Consumer Products: Representation of a food products company in connection with an acquisition of a producer of consumer sushi and related food products. Representation of a food products company in connection with two parallel acquisitions of smaller food products companies. Representation of a sporting goods retail chain in connection with a sale to another sporting goods retail chain.
- Corporate Finance: Representation of a provider of web-based reservation system in connection with Series A and Series B venture capital financings; Representation of a provider of thermal remediation and recycling equipment and services in connection with a convertible debt financing; Representation of a company that cleans and reconditions pipelines in connection with a private placement of securities.
- Larry Traylor, CEO of American Arium wrote the following to Rich after a recent transaction:
"Thank you so much for your professional help and work on bringing to completion the acquisition of Arium by ASSET Intertech. I want to make a strong statement to you stating that your work on this project has been absolutely spectacular. You are the best value in legal assistance I have ever encountered in my 35 years of business experience. Not only is your knowledge very strong, the amount of work you get done per hour charged is very impressive. Another impressive outcome was the very strong endorsement of your excellent work from the acquiring company as well as their counsel.
If any of your clients would ever like a referral I would be honored to provide a VERY strong recommendation of your skills, ethics and knowledge as well as the way in which you deliver.
Thank you again for working with us."
- “Thinking about selling your business? Think SMART.”, Orange County Business Journal (2008)