Anna Amarandos is experienced in the evaluation of environmental liabilities and negotiation of environmental agreements for real estate and corporate transactions; redevelopment of contaminated properties, land use and CEQA compliance; school site acquisition and development; Proposition 65 compliance and settlement of liability; and corporate compliance involving land, water and air issues.
- Evaluated potential environmental liabilities and developed risk management strategies for national retail, commercial and industrial companies in the acquisition, redevelopment and sale of properties, including negotiation of environmental remediation and indemnity agreements, prospective purchaser agreements with federal and state agencies, and environmental impairment insurance coverage. Negotiated with regulatory authorities regarding site assessment, cleanup strategies and closure criteria for numerous site remediation projects, including conversion of industrial to residential land use.
- Counseled clients regarding worker health and safety; compliance with Proposition 65 and settlement of Prop 65 liability.
- Advised clients preparing Environmental Impact Reports for major residential and commercial projects in California regarding health risk assessment and hazardous substance mitigation.
- Assessed environmental liabilities and prepared strategies to manage risk for companies negotiating mergers, acquisitions, loan workouts and asset transfers.
- Advised school districts and developers regarding environmental issues affecting planning, funding, site acquisition and construction of new schools; directed preliminary endangerment assessments and supplemental site investigations, and negotiated with state Department of Toxic Substances Control to obtain site approval.
- Represented companies in settlement of liabilities and resolution of permitting issues related to airborne emissions of hazardous chemicals.