Calista Wu’s practice focuses on commercial and corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate and securities law matters.
She regularly represents commercial banks, investment banks, alternative lenders, private equity sponsors, and borrowers in connection with acquisition financings, working capital facilities (cash flow and asset-based), structured financings, and other leveraged finance transactions. She also represents private equity funds, public companies, and private companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, and issuers and underwriters in connection with securities offerings.
Prior to joining Rutan & Tucker, Calista worked as an associate in the Finance and Restructuring group within the Corporate practice at Paul Hastings LLP. She also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Ferdinand F. Fernandez of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Calista received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Loyola Law School in 2012, where she was a Sayre MacNeil Scholar, served as an editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, and competed as an advocate on the Byrne Trial Advocacy Team. While in law school, she served as a judicial extern to the Honorable R. Gary Klausner of the United States District Court for the Central District of California and as an ABA Janet D. Steiger Fellow in the Consumer Law Section of the California Attorney General’s Office.
She received her B.S. in Business Administration, with Honors, from the Haas School of Business and her B.A. in Legal Studies, with Honors from the University of California, Berkeley in 2006. Prior to attending law school, she worked as a management consultant for Accenture Strategy.
- Represented a hospitality, real estate, and entertainment company in a $92.5 million first lien term loan facility and a $75 million second lien term loan facility with Security Benefit Corporation as Agent.*
- Represented Vance Street Capital as Sponsor in an amended and restated $43 million term loan facility with Wilmington Trust, National Association as Administrative Agent and in an amended and restated $5 million revolving credit facility with TD Bank, N.A. as Lender, for its investment in a family of companies that manufacture filtration equipment and filtration products.*
- Represented Atlas Energy Group, LLC in connection with a Credit Agreement with Deutsche Bank AG New York Branch as Administrative Agent, which provided for a $97 million senior secured Term A Loan and a $30 million senior secured Interim Term Loan, in connection with a merger and spin-off transaction.*
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC as Administrative Agent in a $225 million revolving credit facility in connection with the acquisition of KIK Custom Products Inc. by Centerbridge Partners, L.P. This $1.5 billion leveraged finance transaction also consisted of a $850 million term loan facility and an issuance of $390 million of 9.00% senior notes due 2023.*
- Represented Victory Park Management, LLC as Administrative Agent in a $2.4 million senior secured term loan for a company that owns a number of auto dealerships.*
- Represented TC Lending, LLC as Administrative Agent in $110 million senior secured facility consisting of a $100 million term loan and a $10 million revolving loan for a company that develops healthcare analytics tools.*
- Represented The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. as Borrower in connection with a Third Amended and Restated Credit Agreement, with Bank of America, N.A. as Administrative Agent, for a $550 million senior secured revolving facility.*
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank, National Association in its purchase of portions of GE Capital’s North American Corporate Finance business, with the total acquisition including assets of over $31 billion.*
- Represented Great Rock Capital Partners Management, LLC as Agent in connection with a $12 million senior secured term loan facility for Sypris Solutions, Inc. and certain of its affiliates.*
- Represented AB Private Credit Investors LLC as Agent in connection with a Facilities Agreement, which provided a $22 million initial term loan and a $3 million delayed draw term loan for a European provider of global managed payroll and workforce solutions.*
- Represented Wells Fargo Capital Finance, LLC as Agent in connection with a Second Amended and Restated Credit Agreement, which provided a $65.5 million senior secured term loan and a $7.5 million senior secured revolver commitment for Campus Management Corp.*
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank, National Association as a Lender in connection with the Amended and Restated First Lien Credit Agreement, with The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company as Borrower and JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. as Administrative Agent, for a $2 billion senior secured revolving credit facility.*
- Represented White Oak Global Advisors, LLC as Administrative Agent in a $70 million senior secured term loan facility for a technology and analytics company focused on big data.*
- Represented AB Private Credit Investors LLC as Administrative Agent in a $45 million senior secured facility consisting of a $40 million term loan and a $5 million revolving loan for a provider of performance management software.*
- Represented City National Bank as Lender in $50 million senior secured revolving facility for a partnership affiliated with Antony P. Ressler.*
- Represented TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. as Administrative Agent in an amended and restated $89.4 million senior secured unitranche facility, with Pacific Western Bank as Revolving Agent, for a provider of automated AP solutions, accounting software, and bill pay services.*
- Represented certain entities with respect to the formation of a real estate joint venture and a $50 secured convertible promissory note made from one member of the joint venture to another in connection with an investment in the Pacific City complex in Huntington Beach, CA.*
- Represented Breakaway Capital Management, LLC as Administrative Agent in a $10.5 million senior secured term loan facility for a leading independent table games provider.*
- Represented White Oak Global Advisors, LLC as Administrative Agent in a $33 million senior secured term loan facility for a lender that makes portfolio company loans.*
- Represented The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. in connection with the Purchase Agreement, with the Initial Purchasers, including Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, Goldman, Sachs & Co. pursuant to which it sold $275 million of 2.875% Senior Convertible Notes due 2024.*
- Represented Macquarie CAF Management LLC as Administrative Agent and Macquarie CAF LLC as a Joint Lead Arranger and Joint Bookrunner in a $370 million senior secured facility, with KD Capital Partners, LLC as Sponsor, for a manufacturer of sporting goods and equipment.*
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank, National Association as Administrative Agent in a $50 million senior secured revolving credit facility for the nation’s leading full service medical supply and biomedical equipment distributor.*
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank, National Association as Administrative Agent in a $70 million senior secured revolving credit facility for a medical device manufacturer.*
*Representation occurred prior to joining Rutan & Tucker
News & Insights
- Co-author, “California: Cross-Border Banking and Finance Guide” – LexisNexis and LexisPSL, 2015
- Co-author, “Ninth Circuit Holds Jury Waiver in Agreement Governed by California Law Unenforceable in Federal Court Where Federal Jurisdiction Is Based on Diversity of Citizenship” – Paul Hastings Client Alert, 2015
- Editor, “Asset-Based Lending: A Practical Guide to Secured Financing” – Practising Law Institute, 8th ed., 2015
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Financial Lawyers Conference