Carrie MacIntosh’s practice focuses on construction, real estate, and general commercial matters. In these areas, Carrie counsels clients in connection with contract preparation, dispute avoidance, and dispute resolution. As a litigator, she has represented clients in a variety of settings, including business torts, employment disputes, construction claims, real estate development and financing disputes, entitlement and land use matters, and general contract disputes.
While in law school, Carrie was the recipient of the Emery Merit and Albert and Mae Lee Scholarships. She also received the CALI Excellence Award in Torts, Evidence, Environmental Protection Law, Real Estate Development, and Commercial Transactions; and the Witkin Award in Criminal Procedure, Advanced Torts, and Remedies. Carrie’s prior work includes an internship with the Research and Law and Motions Departments at the Hall of Justice. She also worked as a Research Assistant to Professor Kenneth Manaster and an Academic and Professional Development Fellow while at Santa Clara University School of Law. Her prior experience also includes working for San Diego City Councilmember Kevin Faulconer as a constituent correspondent and intern coordinator.
- Ongoing representation of public entity owner of a planned 800-mile, high-speed train system connecting the State’s major urban centers. Representation includes advising on procurement, contract administration, and assisting in risk analysis, scheduling analysis, contract negotiation and drafting.
- Represented a design-builder joint venture in connection with the Los Angeles World Airport’s consolidated rent-a-car facility public private partnership. Regularly negotiated risk allocation, provided legal analyses and opinions, and drafted key project agreements.
- Defended project owner in litigation brought by contractor in connection with a project involving installation of underground high-speed fiber optic cabling throughout California’s Central Valley (including under public rights of way and highways). Representation ultimately resulted in a favorable settlement following successful opposition to motion for summary judgment.
- Obtained favorable settlement for Plaintiff general contractor (largest demolition contractor in the country) in complex litigation against the Regents of the University of California in connection with demolition and deactivation work at the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
- Obtained favorable judgment for Petitioner real estate developer in high-profile writ petition against the City of Sacramento related to the City’s wrongful denial of Petitioner’s Conditional Use Permit.
- Successfully represented an underground utility owner in a suit involving complex construction claims, including claims related to payment, performance, disruption, defects, and licensure.
- Favorably resolved a general contractor’s payment claims and claims for delay and disruption, in connection with a large-scale commercial renovation project.
- Extensive representation of contractors and owners in varied commercial and residential construction disputes.
- Representation relating to commercial and residential developments, and a variety of land use issues, including entitlements, zoning, permitting, and CEQA compliance.
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Northern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, 2020