Corey Collins represents employers in all areas of employment law litigation, including wage and hour class actions and Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) representative claims, trade secret disputes, and discrimination, harassment, and retaliation lawsuits. He has experience in litigation matters in numerous state and federal courts and in arbitration with JAMS, AAA, and Judicate West.
Clients also seek Corey’s advice with the goal of avoiding litigation, particularly by keeping their employment policies and procedures compliant and up-to-date. His clients are public and private companies in health care, e-commerce, tech, hospitality, retail, construction, and entertainment
During law school, Corey worked as a judicial extern for Judge Otis D. Wright II of the Central District of California and served as a managing editor of the UCLA Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs. He also participated in the Scott and Cyan Bannister First Amendment Amicus Brief Clinic and played on the UCLA Law basketball team.
- Defended nationwide retailer in discrimination lawsuit involving disability discrimination and wrongful termination claims.
- Defended large healthcare company in multiple PAGA and wage and class action lawsuits involving allegations of meal/rest period violations, and overtime/regular rate violations.
- Defended nationwide retailer in PAGA lawsuit involving allegations of meal/rest period violations and suitable seating violations.
- Defended nationwide retailer in wrongful termination lawsuit by former executive arising from employment agreement.
- Drafted employee handbooks and other workplace policies for companies in the e-commerce, construction, and restaurant industries.
News & Insights
- Co-Author: Updates in the Law on Domestic Professional and Collegiate Sports, Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, American Bar Association, Business Law Section (2019)
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, CHOC Children’s Corporate Partnership Committee
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers