David Hochner’s practice encompasses litigation related to corporate and partnership disputes, real estate, construction defects, contract disputes, trusts and estates, and a number of other practice areas.
David has a diverse background that serves him well as an attorney. He first worked as a public school teacher at the secondary level, and he believes his clients benefit from having a skilled attorney who is a good teacher. David later worked as a lobbyist where he learned firsthand the dynamics of conflict resolution and the importance of being fully prepared to advance his clients’ interests. David’s professional experience prior to attending law school has uniquely seasoned his approach to the law. For example, studying anthropology as a graduate student has given him a broad appreciation of the world’s many cultures, and he has drawn on this background when handling disputes involving clients of diverse religious and ethnic backgrounds.
As a strategist and tenacious advocate, David works to resolve his cases as effectively and expeditiously as possible, taking the best course of action, whether through settlement negotiations, the mediation process, or ultimately trial. Understanding that tension and turmoil often drain his clients emotionally and consume their lives, he has applied his skills as an attorney tempered with concern and compassion for his clients to bring numerous cases to swift, successful resolution.
Here is a Snapshot of David
- A partner in Rutan & Tucker’s esteemed Trial Section.
- He has been at the firm since 1982 after graduating from the University of California at Davis Law School.
- Earned an undergraduate degree from Pace University in New York City and master’s degrees in Anthropology and Teaching from the State University of New York in Binghamton.
- His background includes teaching high school and junior high in upstate New York, serving as executive director of the Pennsylvania chapter of Common Cause, and serving as legislative director of the New Jersey chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union.
- David is married with four children and has been involved in numerous community and volunteer activities over the years.
Areas of Expertise
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Trust and Estate Litigation
News & Insights
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
AV® Preemininent™ rating with LexisNexis/Martindale Hubbell
Memberships & Associations
Orange County Bar Association