Mohammed Elayan works with individuals and companies on a variety of transactions, across multiple industries, including software, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, and retail. He advises on mergers & acquisitions, financings, commercial and licensing agreements, corporate governance, and entity structuring. Mohammed also has experience representing both lenders and borrowers in debt financing transactions.
Prior to attending law school, Mohammed obtained a graduate degree in applied statistics and industrial engineering and worked in data analysis and market research in the consumer-packaged goods industry.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented high-growth plant-based food company in its sale to a SPAC for enterprise value of approximately $425 million.
- Represented Southern California-based private equity firm in various acquisitions and post-closing corporate matters related to its portfolio companies.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a business line of a publicly traded pharmaceutical company for $600 million.
- Represented logistics company in its sale to an international strategic for over $310 million.
- Represented flexible packaging company in its asset sale to a strategic buyer, for approximately $200 million.
- Represented nutritional supplement manufacturer in its potential sale to a private equity buyer, for approximately $100 million.
- Represented private-label nutritional supplement manufacturer in its sale to publicly traded Chinese company for nearly $100 million.
- Represented publicly traded engineering services firm in purchase of government contractor for $50 million total consideration.
- Represented family office in its purchase of contract pharmaceutical manufacturer from a university-affiliated entity.
- Represented private equity firm in various “roll up” acquisitions of dental practices.
- Represented medical records software provider in its sale of equity securities to private equity firm.
- Represented privately held contract bakery in its sale to a private equity buyer for $75 million.
- Represented publicly traded electronics distributor in divestiture of a subsidiary to a private equity buyer.
- Represented seal manufacturer in asset sale to strategic buyer, for approximately $65 million (including potential earnout consideration).
- Represented traffic solutions provider in its sale to a private equity firm for $65 million.
- Represented a private equity-backed I.T. solutions company in acquisition of another I.T. company.
Represented private equity firm in the sale of substantially all assets of a blood testing company to a strategic buyer.
- Represented energy software company in merger with a wholly-owned subsidiary of publicly traded energy company.
- Represented aircraft parts maintenance and overhaul services provider in its sale to publicly traded industrial conglomerate for $150 million.
- Represented “smart machine” software company in its sale to industrial conglomerate for approximately $30 million.
- Represented owner of compounding pharmacy in its sale to a healthcare company.
- Represented publicly traded data provider in its investment into a startup data provider in a related industry.
- Represented a publicly traded, commercial-stage biotechnology company in its acquisition of a biopharmaceutical company for $45 million in cash and stock, and future earn-outs of up to $195 million.
- Represented private equity firm in its “going private” of a publicly traded online retailer.
- Represented portfolio company of a $1 billion private equity firm in its acquisition of substantially all assets of an e-Discovery provider
- Represented semiconductor company in sale of substantially all assets to a publicly traded semiconductor company.
- Represented outsourced managed I.T. solutions company in its purchase of a managed services division of a larger I.T. solutions company.
- Represented I.T. solutions company in its purchase of a technology company.
Venture Capital and Growth Equity
- Represented startup company in $1 million seed round with well-known accelerator.
- Represented Korean technology company in seed financing from a venture fund and a publicly traded social media company.
- Represented technology company in $8 million Series A investment from Japanese strategic partner.
- Represented software company in seed investment from publicly traded social media company.
- Represented family office in convertible note financing of several biopharmaceutical startup companies.
- Represented private equity firm in a $30 million growth equity investment in an industrial company.
- Represented private equity firm in its purchase of a controlling stake in a pizza franchise.
- Represented international family office in proposed investments in the U.S.
- Represented investment firm founded by professional athletes in a convertible note financing in a nutritional start-up company.
- Represented Asian-themed fast casual restaurant in a minority sale to a publicly traded Japanese company.
- Represented logistics solutions provider in a refinancing and offering of convertible notes.
- Represented managed security services provider in its offering of Series B-1 Preferred Stock.
- Represented several startups in seed financings.
Other Select Transactional Matters
- Represent energy company in proposed initial public offering.
- Represented investor in preferred stock financing of biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented investor in preferred stock financing of healthcare I.T. company.
- Represented billion-dollar home supply company in joint venture with supplier.
- Represented investment bank in a registered direct offering of common stock and warrants of auto parts retailer.
- Represented I.T. consulting and integration services company in connection with a senior secured revolving credit facility.
- Represented publicly traded company in its Registered Offering of up to $150 million of various securities.
News & Insights
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Executive Committee, Association for Corporate Growth
- Board Member, Young Professionals of Orange County