Mohammed Elayan works with individuals and companies on a variety of transactions, across multiple industries, including software, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, and retail. He advises on mergers & acquisitions, financings, commercial and licensing agreements, corporate governance, and entity structuring. Mohammed also has experience representing both lenders and borrowers in debt financing transactions.
Prior to attending law school, Mohammed obtained a graduate degree in applied statistics and industrial engineering and worked in data analysis and market research in the consumer-packaged goods industry.
- Represented $1 billion California-based private equity firm in acquisitions and post-closing corporate matters related to its portfolio company.
- Represented a private equity-backed I.T. solutions company in acquisition of another I.T. company.
- Represented flexible packaging company in its potential sale, for approximately $200 million.
- Represented private equity buyer in its proposed purchase of a controlling stake in a pizza franchise.
- Represented nutritional supplement manufacturer in its potential sale to a private equity buyer, for approximately $100 million.
- Represented private-label nutritional supplement manufacturer in its sale to publicly traded Chinese company for nearly $100 million.
- Represented private equity firm in the sale of substantially all assets of a blood testing company.
- Represented private equity firm in various “roll up” acquisitions of dental practices.
- Represented privately held contract bakery in its sale to a private equity buyer for $75 million.
- Represented publicly traded electronics distributor in divestiture of a subsidiary to a private equity buyer.
- Represented energy software company in merger with a wholly-owned subsidiary of publicly traded energy company.
- Represented family office in its purchase of contract pharmaceutical manufacturer from a university-affiliated entity.
- Represented family office in convertible note financing of several biopharmaceutical startup companies.
- Represented aircraft parts maintenance and overhaul services provider in its sale to publicly traded industrial conglomerate for $150 million.
- Represented “smart machine” software company in its sale to industrial conglomerate for approximately $30 million.
- Represented medical records software provider in its sale of equity securities to private equity firm.
- Represented owner of compounding pharmacy in its sale to a healthcare company.
- Represented managed security services provider in its offering of Series B-1 Preferred Stock.
- Represented publicly traded data provider in its investment into a startup data provider in a related industry.
- Represented publicly traded pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a publicly traded pharmaceutical company for cash and stock.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a business line of a publicly traded pharmaceutical company for $600 million.
- Represented private equity firm in its acquisition of stock of a publicly traded online retailer.
- Represented portfolio company of a $1 billion private equity firm in its acquisition of substantially all assets of an e-Discovery provider.
- Represented investment bank in a $2.5 million registered direct offering of common stock and warrants of auto parts retailer.
- Represented semiconductor company in sale of substantially all assets to a publicly traded semiconductor company.
- Represented outsourced managed I.T. solutions company in its purchase of a managed services division of a larger I.T. solutions company.
- Represented I.T. solutions company in its purchase of a technology company.
- Represented investor in preferred stock financing of biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented investor in preferred stock financing of healthcare I.T. company.
- Represented I.T. consulting and integration services company in connection with a senior secured revolving credit facility.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Rutan & Tucker, LLP
News & Insights
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Executive Committee, Association for Corporate Growth
- Board Member, Young Professionals of Orange County