Mohammed Elayan clients are entrepreneurs, investors, executives and public and private companies who seek his counsel on their complex business transactions. He advises them on mergers & acquisitions (including SPAC transactions), SEC compliance and capital markets transactions (including IPOs, SPACs, and corporate governance), venture financings, and commercial and licensing agreements. Mohammed’s clients know him for being responsive and focused on providing strategic advice that will further their business objectives in each transaction.
His experience crosses multiple industries such as software, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, food, and retail.
Prior to attending law school, Mohammed obtained a graduate degree in applied statistics and industrial engineering and worked in data analysis and market research in the consumer-packaged goods industry.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented high-growth plant-based food company in its sale to a SPAC for enterprise value of approximately $425 million.
- Represented Southern California-based private equity firm in various acquisitions and post-closing corporate matters related to its portfolio companies.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a business line of a publicly traded pharmaceutical company for $600 million.
- Represented logistics company in its sale to an international strategic for over $310 million.
- Represented flexible packaging company in its asset sale to a strategic buyer, for approximately $200 million.
- Represented nutritional supplement manufacturer in its potential sale to a private equity buyer, for approximately $100 million.
- Represented private-label nutritional supplement manufacturer in its sale to publicly traded Chinese company for nearly $100 million.
- Represented publicly traded engineering services firm in purchase of government contractor for $50 million total consideration.
- Represented family office in its purchase of contract pharmaceutical manufacturer from a university-affiliated entity.
- Represented private equity firm in various “roll up” acquisitions of dental practices.
- Represented medical records software provider in its sale of equity securities to private equity firm.
- Represented privately held contract bakery in its sale to a private equity buyer for $75 million.
- Represented publicly traded electronics distributor in divestiture of a subsidiary to a private equity buyer.
- Represented seal manufacturer in asset sale to strategic buyer, for approximately $65 million (including potential earnout consideration).
- Represented traffic solutions provider in its sale to a private equity firm for $65 million.
- Represented a private equity-backed I.T. solutions company in acquisition of another I.T. company.
- Represented private equity firm in the sale of substantially all assets of a blood testing company to a strategic buyer.
- Represented energy software company in merger with a wholly-owned subsidiary of publicly traded energy company.
- Represented aircraft parts maintenance and overhaul services provider in its sale to publicly traded industrial conglomerate for $150 million.
- Represented “smart machine” software company in its sale to industrial conglomerate for approximately $30 million.
- Represented owner of compounding pharmacy in its sale to a healthcare company.
- Represented publicly traded data provider in its investment into a startup data provider in a related industry.
- Represented a publicly traded, commercial-stage biotechnology company in its acquisition of a biopharmaceutical company for $45 million in cash and stock, and future earn-outs of up to $195 million.
- Represented private equity firm in its “going private” of a publicly traded online retailer.
- Represented portfolio company of a $1 billion private equity firm in its acquisition of substantially all assets of an e-Discovery provider
- Represented semiconductor company in sale of substantially all assets to a publicly traded semiconductor company.
- Represented outsourced managed I.T. solutions company in its purchase of a managed services division of a larger I.T. solutions company.
- Represented I.T. solutions company in its purchase of a technology company.
Venture Capital and Growth Equity
- Represented startup company in $1 million seed round with well-known accelerator.
- Represented Korean technology company in seed financing from a venture fund and a publicly traded social media company.
- Represented technology company in $8 million Series A investment from Japanese strategic partner.
- Represented software company in seed investment from publicly traded social media company.
- Represented family office in convertible note financing of several biopharmaceutical startup companies.
- Represented private equity firm in a $30 million growth equity investment in an industrial company.
- Represented private equity firm in its purchase of a controlling stake in a pizza franchise.
- Represented investment firm founded by professional athletes in a convertible note financing in a nutritional start-up company.
- Represented Asian-themed fast casual restaurant in a minority sale to a publicly traded Japanese company.
- Represented logistics solutions provider in a refinancing and offering of convertible notes.
- Represented managed security services provider in its offering of Series B-1 Preferred Stock.
- Represented several startups in seed financings.
Other Select Transactional Matters
- Represent energy company in proposed initial public offering.
- Represented investor in preferred stock financing of biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented investor in preferred stock financing of healthcare I.T. company.
- Represented billion-dollar home supply company in joint venture with supplier.
- Represented investment bank in a registered direct offering of common stock and warrants of auto parts retailer.
- Represented I.T. consulting and integration services company in connection with a senior secured revolving credit facility.
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Executive Committee, Association for Corporate Growth
- Board Member, Young Professionals of Orange County