Paul Marx is a Certified Specialist, Taxation Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He is the senior trusts and estates partner at Rutan & Tucker. He has been named as one of the best tax and trusts and estates lawyers in America in “Best Lawyers in America” since 1995 and has been named by them as the “Best Lawyer of the Year for Trusts and Estates” in Orange County for 2014.
Paul has over forty years experience as a tax, trusts and estates lawyer. His primary practice areas include estate planning, income tax planning, estates and trusts administration, representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service, the California State Board of Equalization, and the California Franchise Tax Board, and tax litigation in the U.S. Tax Court, Federal District Court and U.S. Claims Court. His clients have included individuals, trusts, estates, tax exempt organizations, and closely held businesses including corporations, limited liability companies, joint ventures and partnerships.
News & Insights
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Past Chairman of the Board of Governors, Orange County Community Foundation
- Past President, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Orange County, Inc.
- Past President, Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County
- Past President, Child Guidance Center of Orange County
Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Estate Planning Council