Jon Nomura is devoted to the representation of lenders and borrowers in connection with single lender and multi-lender acquisition, construction/bridge, term and affordable housing financing, secured by all asset types, including retail, industrial, multifamily, mixed-use, senior living facilities and medical office buildings.
Jon advises clients through all aspects of a transaction, including the negotiation of loan documents and other third party documents, the review of title, survey and all other due diligence, and the closing of the loan.
Before joining Rutan, Jon was an associate at Troutman Sanders LLP, where his practice focused on complex financing transactions.
- The representation of an institutional lender in connection with the closing of a $100MM+ portfolio of 9 term loans for multi-family properties, all cross-collateralized and cross-defaulted and each swapped at closing.
- The representation of an institutional lender in connection with the closing of an approximately $48MM construction loan for a skilled nursing facility, where Borrower had a RIDEA structure.
- The representation of an institutional lender in connection with an approximately $38MM construction loan for an office building, which was the replacement property in a reverse 1031 exchange, and where Jon had to advise lender on and negotiate an intercreditor agreement with a very sophisticated mezzanine lender.
- The representation of an institutional lender in connection with an approximately $10MM TILC loan for an assisted living facility/memory care facility, where Jon had to protect lender against risks associated with the CHOW not scheduled to occur until several months after closing the loan.
Areas of Expertise
- Institutional lenders
- Financial institutions
- Finance companies
- Private lenders and real estate investors
News & Insights
- New, Improved Rules for ‘High Volatility’ Real Estate Loans, Law 360, June 2018
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Coalition for Diversity in the Law (Member Representative 2012-Present, Co-Chair 2017-2018)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (Program Year: 2016)