Rutan & Tucker is well known for its extensive lender-side practice with strength across a range of finance matters including real estate secured financings and a broad range of other finance transactions, including term and revolving facilities, syndicated facilities, asset based lending, receivables financing, mezzanine financing, loan workouts and debt restructurings, and emerging growth and hi-tech financing.
The firm is especially active with middle and lower middle market transactions for both national and regional lenders as well as corporate borrowers.
We have notable depth in California real estate financing transactions. In the past year, we have also represented several lenders and financial institutions with their middle market loans including Sunwest Bank, a California banking corporation; U.S. Bank National Association, a national banking association; City National Bank, a national banking association; Farmers & Merchants Bank of Long Beach, a California corporation; and Banc of California, National Association.
Our attorneys have broad-based industry and transactional experience in representing both lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured real and personal property loan transactions, including:
- Acquisition, construction and permanent financing
- Affordable housing financing
- Alternative financing structures (sale-leaseback transactions, syndications, securities offerings, and ground leasing)
- Asset based lending
- Tax exempt bond financing
- Commercial Lending
- Debt restructures and loan workouts
- Healthcare finance
- Leveraged finance
- Mixed collateral financing
- Multi-tranche finance, including second lien and mezzanine finance
- Receivables financing, including recourse and non-recourse factoring arrangements
- Shared appreciation loans
- Venture lending
- Warehouse lending and loan repurchase arrangements