Patrick McCalla represents developers, lenders, landlords, and tenants in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of real estate transactions. Typical transactions handled include purchase and sale agreements, real property secured financings (including construction loans, construction contracts, shared appreciation loans, mezzanine financings and revolving credit loans), joint ventures and ground leases.
Areas of Expertise
- Real Property Secured Financings and Investments
- Real Estate Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Affordable Housing Developments
Areas of Concentration
- Multi-Family Housing Practice – Mr. McCalla has extensive experience in all facets of the acquisition, ground leasing, disposition and financing of multi-family housing developments.
- Real Estate Finance – Mr. McCalla has significant experience in representing lenders and borrowers in real estate finance, including construction loans, permanent loans, mezzanine financing, shared appreciation loans and ground lease financing. In addition, Mr. McCalla has significant experience in structuring joint venture agreements involving both individual and institutional investors.
- Affordable Housing – Mr. McCalla has substantial experience in affordable housing developments, including projects financed with multi-family housing revenue bonds and low-income housing tax credits. Multi-family revenue bond experience includes both private placement and credit enhancement transactions. Low income housing tax credit experience includes the structuring of partnership agreements between developers and low income housing tax credit syndicators. In addition, Mr. McCalla is experienced with other forms of public agency financing of affordable housing developments. Mr. McCalla also has significant experience with the California Property Tax Welfare Exemption.
- Fairfield Residential Company LLC
- MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Standard Communities
- The Ezralow Company
- Jamboree Housing Corporation
- The Space Center
- AEGON USA Realty Advisors LLC
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preemininent™ rating with LexisNexis/Martindale Hubbell
Memberships & Associations
- State Bar of California, Real Estate Section
- Orange County Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Member, Board of Directors, Jamboree Housing Corporation, a Nonprofit Housing Corporation