Proud Usahacharoenporn counsels clients on a wide range of business and civil litigation matters, including disputes involving contracts, real property, class actions, insurance coverage, business and intentional torts, unfair competition, and intellectual property.
Proud is actively engaged in community outreach and pro bono work. She is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Orange County Women Lawyers Association and dedicates time to furthering the needs of the Southern California Asian American community. Through her pro bono work, Proud has also represented non-profit organizations, victims of domestic violence, and low-income tenants.
- Prevailed in a six-week trial that resulted in a judgment awarding her client specific performance requiring the opposing party to transfer real property, as well as damages, attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Successfully defended a company against its former Vice President, who sued the company for monies allegedly owed under an independent contractor agreement. Ms. Usahacharoenporn served as second-chair in the six-day jury trial, which resulted in a jury verdict that not only negated the opposing party’s claim for compensation, but also awarded damages to the company.
- Prevailed at trial in a federal lawsuit filed on behalf of an insured against its insurer for fire insurance coverage, resulting in an award of approximately $1 million in favor of her client.
- Substituted in as new trial counsel in a property dispute only weeks before trial and obtained a complete victory for the client, even though its prior counsel had advised the client to settle because there was little chance of prevailing.
- Successfully represented a national health supplement company against a multi-million dollar class action, achieving a denial of class certification and an early resolution of the case in favor of the client.
News & Insights
- Panelist, “California ChangeLawyers Leadership Summit,” April 2019
- Speaker, Sonenshine Pro Bono Reception, November 2017
- Panelist, “Pro Bono Training: Eviction Defense for Low Income Tenants,” Public Law Center, October 2012
- The Abundance of Data Breach Class Actions Demonstrates the Importance of Implementing Cybersecurity Protocols and Procedures, April 2017
- It Appears The Law is Trending Towards Providing Fewer Privacy Protections to Individuals, October 2016
- California Supreme Court Broadens the Fraud Exception to the Parol Evidence Rule, Orange County Business Journal, April 2013
- Usahacharoenporn, P. E.P. v. Alaska Psychiatric Institute: The Evolution of Involuntary Civil Commitments from Treatment to Punishment, 28 Alaska L. Rev. 189 (2011)
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, 2017-2019
- Recipient, OneOC Spirit of Volunteerism 2012 Outstanding Volunteer Award
Memberships & Associations
- Former President and Board of Advisors, Backhausdance of Orange County
- Member of the Board of Directors, Orange County Women Lawyers Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member and Former Vice President, Thai American Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Asian American Bar Association