The ideal candidate will be registered with the USPTO and have 2+ years of experience drafting patent applications. Prosecution experience is a plus, as is technical expertise in the fields of medical devices; mechanical arts; or electrical arts including computer hardware, AI, optical amplification, and/or material science. Candidate will preferably have a degree in engineering or physics. Under Rutan’s mentoring program, the patent agent will be working closely with various Rutan IP partners along with other attorneys and agents within Rutan. Rutan offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Please email your resume to Jodi Brooks at email@example.com.
Rutan & Tucker has an opening in its Orange County office for an Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist to assist the practice firm wide.
Provide complex and specialized docket support, including data entry, for domestic and foreign patent, trademark and copyright matters for the Intellectual Property Practice group firm wide.
● The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of U.S. and foreign patent, trademark and copyright prosecution.
● Minimum 4 years prior experience with all aspects of patent and trademark prosecution docket ● Familiarity with USPTO, eTEAS, TARR and SAEGIS, PAIR, TESS, TSDR and TTAB systems.
● Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization.
●The ability to manage time effectively under pressure is essential.
● Receive docket communication from a variety of sources.
● Review and identify data to be entered using firm’s docket software application.
● Maintain quality control of data.
● Prepare routine and special request reports.
● Interact professionally with personnel at all levels of the organization.
● Minimum 4 years prior intellectual property docket experience.
● Experience with CPI docket software application
● Prior experience using i-Manage FileSite and MS Excel preferred.
Rutan & Tucker, LLP is seeking an Intellectual Property Docket Supervisor. The ideal candidate has strong knowledge and thorough understanding of domestic and international patent and trademark and copyright docketing practices in addition to knowledge and experience with handling automated docketing applications. Will be responsible for supervising a team of two IP Docket Specialists. In addition to overseeing a small team, the candidate will also be responsible for various tasks. These tasks include but are not limited to entering docket dates into calendaring software, preparing customized reports, maintaining firm’s docket in an up to date fashion to ensure that court and filing dates alike do not become oversights. The candidate will also be responsible for keeping track of critical dates and related details while communicating these items to appropriate staff, paralegals and attorneys alike while remaining responsible for the overall maintenance and supervision of the docketing system.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Expertise with USPTO, eTEAS, TARR and SAEGIS, PAIR, TESS, TSDR and TTAB systems.
- Strong experience with CPI docket software application
- Prior experience using i-Manage FileSite and MS Excel required
- Maintain quality control of data.
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Able to multitask and manage various priorities
- Able to work in a team environment
- Self Starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- The ability to manage time effectively under pressure is essential
Rutan & Tucker has an opening in its Irvine office for a Litigation Docket Specialist to assist the practice firm wide.
Provide complex and specialized docket support, including data entry, for the firm’s litigation practice groups.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of calendar requirements for matters litigated in both California and Federal jurisdictions. Minimum 2 years prior experience with all aspects of litigation docketing highly desired. Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization. The ability to manage time effectively under pressure is essential. Perform various research functions related to litigation docketing and calendaring. Ability to work independently on on-going projects.
Receive docket communications from a variety of sources. Review and identify data to be entered using the firm’s docket software application. Maintain quality control of data. Prepare routine and special request reports. Interact professionally with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Enter data into the firm’s docket and calendar software applications
- Calculate rule-based litigation deadlines per applicable rules and statutes and provide daily and weekly calendar reports
- Answer questions about court procedures, rules and calculations of time
- Assist with other administrative projects
- Available to work overtime
- Familiarity with federal, California state and local court rules and systems
- Must be comfortable working with electronic files in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Solid computer skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a litigation docket clerk
- Knowledge of various court websites, docket searching and document retrieval databases (PACER, court and other rule based websites)
- Knowledge of litigation docketing and calendaring processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Prior Vision / Compulaw docketing software experience
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rutan & Tucker has an employment opportunity available in our Irvine Word Processing Center for a full time Word Processor, Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (days/time YET to be determined) with a hybrid schedule. Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years text editing experience in the word processor center of a law firm or legal department, working with transactional and litigation documents, with a primary emphasis on transactional documents.
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to edit and utilize templates and styles
- Produce the highest quality work under pressure
- Oral communication skills to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Typing speed of 75 wpm with 95% accuracy
Applicants should be proficient with the following software applications:
- Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Power Point), certification preferred
- Best Authority
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Workshare Compare
- AIR CRE Software
- AIA Software
- CAR Zip Forms
Create, revise and format various transactional and litigation documents, spreadsheets and presentations to ensure uniformity with firm standards. Preparation of mail merge projects, Tables of Content and Tables of Authority. Transcription of audio files using digital software (Winscribe) with a WAVPedal.