Garett Sleichter represents both public and private clients in a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, registered securities offerings under the Securities Act of 1933, private placements, corporate finance, corporate governance, licensing and general corporate transactions.
Also, as a member of the firm’s Financial Practices Group, Garett represents lenders and borrowers in a broad range of finance transactions, including term and revolving facilities, asset-based lending, receivables financing, mezzanine financings, loan workouts and debt restructurings.
- Oil and gas exploration and production company in connection with: Acquisition of over $600,000,000 in California and Alaska oil and gas assets; Revolving and term loan credit facilities in excess of $550,000,000; and over $80,000,000 in private placements of stock and warrants pursuant to Regulation D and Regulation S of the Securities Act.
- Institutional lender in connection with $25,000,000 senior term loan and revolving credit facility to provider of drug testing services.
- Largest U.S. privately-held healthcare IT consulting firm in connection with $46,000,000 recapitalization with private equity fund.
- Institutional lender in connection with acquisition of $35,000,000 Tranche B Term Loan from BNP Paribas.
- Audio speaker developer and manufacturer in connection with $7,000,000 asset acquisition of competing technology and licensing-back of certain technologies in non-competing fields of use.
- Internet-based recruiting and job search firm in connection with $20,000,000 recapitalization with private equity fund.
- Lender in connection with workout and restructuring of $30,000,000 mezzanine credit facility.
- NASDAQ-listed software company in connection with multi-million dollar exclusive licensing agreement.
- NASDAQ-listed bank in connection with $14,000,000 stock acquisition of factoring company.
- Private equity fund in connection with $62,000,000 disposition of manufacturer of clear span structures.
- Supplier of automated business centers in connection with $10,000,000 equity investment by publicly-traded Japanese company.
- Publicly traded network switch developer and manufacturer in connection with private placements of stock, warrants and convertible notes for proceeds in excess of $20,000,000.
- Formation of $10,000,000 private real estate investment fund.
News & Insights
- “2018 M&A Trends and Best Practices,” Rutan & Tucker In-House Series, February 2018
- “Don’t Be a Corporate Law Dumbo: Update on Delaware Law, Current Trends and Best Practices,” Association of Corporate Counsel – Southern California, March 2017
- “Corporate and Securities Law Issues to Consider in 2015,” Rutan & Tucker MCLE Series, January 2015
- “In-Spouse, Out-Shareholder: When Corporate Assets are Part of the Marital Estate,” Orange County Bar Association, Business and Corporate Law Section, January 22, 2014
- “Overview of the Dodd-Frank Regulatory Structure,” Orange County Bar Association, Banking and Lending Section, March 20, 2012
- “Play It Safe or Kiss and Tell – Either Way, Seed Accelerators Continue Their Efforts to Standardize Startup Financing,” Orange County Business Journal, January 2015
- “Divorce Financial Planner: 3 Common Fears,” CBS News, August 2013
- “Beware: Dodd-Frank Act Implications for Private Investment Funds”, Orange County Business Journal, November 2010
- “Keeping (Or Getting) Your Corporate House In Order”, Orange County Business Journal, January 2010
- “Executive Compensation Disclosure and Recent Section 162(m) Guidance”, Orange County Business Journal, April 2008
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, 2013-2016
Memberships & Associations
- Vice Chair, Laura’s House
- Advisory Board Member, Orange County CFO Roundtable
- 2012 Chair, OCBA’s Business and Corporate Law Section
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth, Orange County Chapter
- Member, Orangewood PALS
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Orange County Bar Association