Garett Sleichter represents public and private clients in a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, SEC reporting, securities and capital markets, corporate finance, and general company representation. Garett has a passion for helping companies succeed and prides himself on taking a practical, business-minded approach to his practice. Garett has completed over 100 M&A transactions ranging in size from the low millions to over $500 million and serves as outside general counsel to over 40 companies ranging from start-ups to those with revenues in the hundreds of millions.
- Represented NextGen Healthcare (NASDAQ: NXGN) in $26 million acquisition of cloud-based analytics platform EagleDream Health, Inc.
- Represented SaaS company from start-up stage to $500 million sale to private equity fund.
- Represented Foundation Building Materials (NYSE: FBM) in add-on acquisitions exceeding $250 million.
- Represented private-equity-backed automotive technology company in $10 million patent license to Continental Automotive Group.
- Represented commercial real estate broker in $40 million sale to Newmark Knight Frank.
- Represented high net worth individual in $3 million investment in CBD farming and production company.
- Represented Fennec Pharmaceuticals Inc. in $21 million underwritten public offering.
- Represented Oaktree Specialty Lending in connection with over $300 million in loans to private equity sponsored transactions.
- Represented apparel company in acquisition of Jantzen Swimwear from Perry Ellis.
- Represented medical equipment company Pacific Medical in sale to Jordan Health Products.
- Represented Pro-Dex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PDEX) in $20 million at-the-market offering.
- Represented Traffic Solutions Corporation in sale to Sterling Partners.
- Represented private real estate fund in $30 million capital raise.
- Represented Institutional lender in connection with acquisition of $35,000,000 Tranche B Term Loan from BNP Paribas.
- Represented private equity fund in connection with $62,000,000 disposition of manufacturer of clear span structures.
News & Insights
- “2018 M&A Trends and Best Practices,” Rutan & Tucker In-House Series, February 2018
- “Don’t Be a Corporate Law Dumbo: Update on Delaware Law, Current Trends and Best Practices,” Association of Corporate Counsel – Southern California, March 2017
- “Corporate and Securities Law Issues to Consider in 2015,” Rutan & Tucker MCLE Series, January 2015
- “In-Spouse, Out-Shareholder: When Corporate Assets are Part of the Marital Estate,” Orange County Bar Association, Business and Corporate Law Section, January 22, 2014
- “Overview of the Dodd-Frank Regulatory Structure,” Orange County Bar Association, Banking and Lending Section, March 20, 2012
- “Paycheck Protection Program Under the CARES Act,” Rutan & Tucker, LLP E-Alert, March 2020
- “Play It Safe or Kiss and Tell – Either Way, Seed Accelerators Continue Their Efforts to Standardize Startup Financing,” Orange County Business Journal, January 2015
- “Divorce Financial Planner: 3 Common Fears,” CBS News, August 2013
- “Beware: Dodd-Frank Act Implications for Private Investment Funds”, Orange County Business Journal, November 2010
- “Keeping (Or Getting) Your Corporate House In Order”, Orange County Business Journal, January 2010
- “Executive Compensation Disclosure and Recent Section 162(m) Guidance”, Orange County Business Journal, April 2008
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, 2013-2016
Memberships & Associations
- Laura’s House (Past Chair)
- Advisory Board Member, Orange County CFO Roundtable
- 2012 Chair, OCBA’s Business and Corporate Law Section
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth, Orange County Chapter
- Member, Orangewood PALS
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Orange County Bar Association