William Meehan is the Managing Partner of the firm and Chairperson of the firm’s Executive Committee. He has served on the Executive Committee since 2014 and was elected to Managing Partner in 2016. In addition, Bill is Co-Chair of the Banking and Finance Group and a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Tax Section where he has extensive experience in finance transactions representing institutional lenders, finance companies, debt funds and private equity funds in a variety of both debt and equity transactions including recapitalizations, mergers, acquisitions and restructuring arrangements.
Bill is also a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Section and his practice includes aspects of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, development, joint ventures, and leasing.
In 2016, he was selected to the inaugural list of the Orange County Business Journal’s OC 500, an exclusive list of Orange County’s most influential business leaders. He was also selected to the OC 500 list for 2017 and 2018.
Representative Matters and Clients
- Asset-based and cash flow loans, including term and revolving facilities, equipment financing facilities, receivables financing facilities, mezzanine loans, second lien loans, and subordinated debt arrangements.
- Structured finance, including asset-backed securities, warehouse facilities, repurchase arrangements, collateralized debt obligations and other structured products.
- Loan acquisitions and sales, including secondary market transactions, distressed loan sales, portfolio sales, and loan syndications and participations.
- Entity formation, including limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures, and corporations.
- Land acquisitions and sales, including un-entitled and entitled properties for residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use projects.
- Cell tower and telecommunications infrastructure acquisitions and leasing.
- Representative clients include institutional lenders, finance companies, debt and equity funds, public homebuilders, private homebuilders and developers, cell tower owners and operators, multifamily housing owners and operators, private real estate investors, and general businesses.
News & Insights
- “The Case for In-Building DAS,” Orange County Business Journal, November 2012
- “Distressed Debt – To Buy or Not To Buy – That is the Question,” Western Real Estate Business, May 2010.
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Orange County Business Journal’s 2018 OC500 Person of Influence
- Orange County Business Journal’s 2017 OC500 Person of Influence
Memberships & Associations
- YPO Golden West Chapter; Member
- Segerstrom Center for the Arts; Member, Board of Directors
- Orange Country Trustee for Olive Crest