Lindy M. Herman
Lindy Herman specializes in all aspects of domestic and international intellectual property portfolio management, including litigation, prosecution, transactions and related business matters. She also manages work-for-hire agreements, transactional matters such as negotiating licenses, IP asset purchase agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, manufacturing agreements and distribution agreements. Lindy handles all aspects of trademark prosecution and counsels clients on trademark availability, selection, and enforcement. She also advises clients on copyright matters and obtains registrations on their behalf.
Lindy has successfully resolved several U.S. and international trademark disputes, including inter partes proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, international arbitration proceedings, and domain-name disputes under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy. She also has represented clients in patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, trade secret, unfair competition, and business related lawsuits in both federal and state courts.
Lindy also holds certificates in Intellectual Property Law and International & Comparative Law.
News & Insights
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- 2016 Trademark Year in Review, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Intellectual Property, Internet & New Media Section, March 2017
- Guest Lecturer, Trademark Prosecution in the United States, King Juan Carlos University, Madrid, Spain, Masters in IP Law Program, Spring 2016 and 2017
- Copyright and Trademark Trolls: Fable or Fact? Chapman University School of Law: 2015 Chapman Law Review Symposium, March 2015
- Trademark Prosecution for Non-Trademark Attorneys, Orange County Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Technology Law Section, March 2015
- Copyright Infringement Risks on Social Media, Orange County Lawyer, December 2015
- Guest Lecturer, Trademark Prosecution, University of California Irvine, School of Law, Fall 2014
- Navigating The Right of Publicity in the Age of Social Media, American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law, December 2012
- The Madrid Protocol: A Report Card Orange County Lawyer, September 2008, Vol. 5, No. 9; An expansion of a January 2008 presentation to the intellectual property section of the OC Bar Association
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Los Angeles Magazine List of Top Women Attorneys in Southern California, 2013, 2014, and 2015
Memberships & Associations
- International Trademark Association
- Orange County Intellectual Property Law Association
- Orange County Bar Association