Noam Duzman’s practice emphasis includes city attorney matters, including specifically public works matters and zoning and building issues.
Noam has litigation and transactional experience in several areas affecting public clients and, as part of his practice, he regularly advises public clients on federal and state planning, zoning and building issues, including all elements of abatement proceedings involving administrative, civil (including receiverships), and criminal remedies. He has advised several of the firm’s clients on issues involving the Public Records Act. He also regularly drafts and reviews public works contracts and has handled all aspects of bidding, procurement, and contractor disputes relating to public works projects.
He currently serves as the Assistant City Attorney for the City of Duarte, and serves as Deputy City Attorney for the cities of Irvine, Dana Point, La Quinta and San Juan Capistrano.
- People (City of Dana Point) v. Finnegan: Lead trial attorney in securing jury verdict against property owner relating to dispute over building issues and encroachment on to City property.
- City of San Clemente v. Goode: Lead trial counsel in successful civil injunction action against property owner over long-standing dispute relating to property maintenance issues.
- NewPath Network v. City of Irvine: Assisted in the successful defense of an action filed under the Federal Telecommunication Act of 1996 against the City of Irvine challenging the City’s denial of an application to construct telecommunication facilities.
- People (City of Dana Point) v. Stahl: Lead trial attorney in securing verdict against individual for resisting, obstructing, and delaying arrest during probation search.
- O’Brien v. City of Twentynine Palms: Successfully defended City in Federal Civil Rights action filed by property owner alleging that the City committed Fourth Amendment violations and unlawfully took property.
- Orange County Great Park Project: Successfully handled bidding and contract issues involving disputes with contractors and sureties.
- Jeffrey Road Grade Separation Project: Leading City of Irvine counsel on all aspects of $50 million dollar project, including numerous contract disputes, bidding issues, and retention issues.
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Bar Association