Peter Hering handles a variety of employment-related litigation and non-litigation matters, including wage and hour, employment discrimination, harassment, and wrongful discharge claims.
After earning his law degree, Peter joined Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, LLP in New York City where he practiced as an associate in the firm’s litigation department. During his time in New York, Peter, among other matters, represented a major bank in a whistleblower action in Federal court.
News & Insights
- “The Fragmentation of California Wages,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, June 2016
- “The Ever-Expanding Categories of Employee and Employer: Changing the Way Independent Contractor and Joint Employer Issues Will Be Litigated,” ABTL Report, Spring 2016
- “Ax Employee/Contractor Dichotomy?” Los Angeles Daily Journal, July 2015
- “Employers Beware: Navigating Legal Landmines in the Battle Over Immigration,” Orange County Business Journal, March 2015
- “The Consercio Decision and the Need to Account for Discovery Outside the Arbitration Procedure,” 18 Arbitration News 118 (February 2013) (with H. Christopher Boehing and Damien F. Berkhout)
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association