Phil Blanchard’s practice focuses on construction and business litigation. As an active member of the firm’s Construction Law Group, Phil represents nationally-recognized contractors, design professionals, subcontractors and owners in commercial, industrial, public works, and high-end residential project disputes. In addition, he has devoted substantial time to general business litigation including real estate and intellectual property matters. Phil has extensive experience in state and federal courts, arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution venues.
- Prosecution of claims arising from changed conditions, extra work and denial of site access by a national bridge and highway prime contracting firm against a state highway agency.
- Drafting and negotiating sophisticated contract documents for multi-million dollar commercial and residential projects and consultation with owners, developers, contractors, construction lenders, sureties and design professionals concerning same.
- Prosecution of contract claims by a prime contracting firm arising from design and construction of several power generating facilities throughout California.
- Prosecution of claims resulting from differing site conditions and denial of time extension requests by a national heavy engineering prime contracting firm against a state highway agency.
- Prosecution and defense of construction contract claims by and against an international prime contracting firm in connection with the installation of a pipeline system for a major metropolitan city.
- Defense of claims against owner of commercial shopping center in connection with construction of center pursuant to multiple guaranteed maximum price contracts.
- Prosecution and defense of extra work, delay and productivity claims for and against national plumbing subcontractor.
- Prosecution of delay and extra work claims by a national prime contracting firm arising from construction of a wastewater treatment facility.
- Prosecution of delay, productivity and direct cost claims by a national prime contracting firm resulting from owner-imposed worksite access limitations.
- Prosecution and defense of claims by owners and contractors arising from professional negligence of architects, engineers and land surveyors on multi-family housing project and commercial shopping center.
- Defended trademark infringement, interference with business operations and fraud claims in connection with manufacture and sale of specialized jewelry.
- Defended claims for fraudulent nondisclosures, breach of contract and emotional distress in connection with residential real property.
News & Insights
- “P3: Bridging America’s Infrastructure Gap,” State Bar of California, Real Property Section, May 2014
- “P3; Revolution or Evolution?” P3C – The Public-Private Partnership Alliance Conference, Dallas, February 2014
“P3: Bridging America’s Infrastructure Gap,” P3C – The Public-Private Partnership Alliance Conference, Dallas, February 2013
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, 2010-2011
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Bar Association – Construction Law Section