Shigenobu Itoh represents various business entities in all aspects of corporate and business law, including mergers and acquisitions, securities, venture capital financing, joint venture transactions, licensing and general representation. He currently serves as outside general counsel to a variety of businesses and institutions.
Shige also has extensive experience representing both lenders and borrowers in a variety of financing transactions, including commercial, cash-flow and corporate finance transactions, asset-based financing transactions, structured financing transactions, mezzanine and subordinated debt transactions, equipment financing transactions, receivables financing transactions and restructuring transactions.
He has also been involved in various cross-border transactions, including cross-border entity structuring and restructuring transactions, as well as both in-bound and out-bound mergers and acquisition transactions.
Shige is fluent in Japanese.
Shige received his J.D. from the University of California at Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall). In law school he served as Executive Editor of the Asian Law Journal, Communications Editor of the Berkeley Journal of International Law, and Co-Chair of the Asian PacificAmerican Law Student Association.
He received his B.S. in Management Science (Quantitative Economics), with Highest Honors, and his B.A. in Japanese Studies, with Honors, from the University of California, San Diego, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and graduated summa cum laude. He was also selected as the Joel Dean Award recipient in Management Science. During college, Shige spent a year studying at Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo, Japan.
Represented both buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisition transactions across a broad spectrum of industries and geographies. Presentative mergers and acquisition transactions include the following:
- Represented Dubai World in its acquisition of MGM MIRAGE common stock through tender offers and direct stock purchases totaling in excess of $3 billion.
- Represented Platinum Equity, LLC in its $630 million acquisition of the fastening systems division of Textron, Inc.
- Represented Primoris Corporation in a public merger with a Special Purpose Acquisition Company.
- Represented various banking and lending institutions, as agents, in connection with acquisition finance and senior secured asset-based credit facilities.
- Represented various lending institutions, as agents, in connection with mezzanine, subordinated and second lien credit facilities.
- Represented borrowers in a variety of financing transactions, including asset-based, commercial and structured financing transactions.
News & Insights
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Board Member, Families Forward
- Board Member, Foundation for Affordable Housing
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Japanese American Bar Association
- Past-Chair (2014), Orange County Bar Association’s Business and Corporate Law Section
- Member, Orange County Bar Association