Allina Amuchie represents entities and individuals in a wide range of civil litigation matters, including disputes involving contracts, construction, real property, fraud, negligence, class actions, business and intentional torts, and bankruptcy in both state and federal court. Ms. Amuchie counsels clients through the litigation process, including dispositive motion practice, depositions, mediations, arbitrations, trials, and appeals. Her dedication to professional excellence led to Best Lawyers in America recognizing her as one of the “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” for 2021.
Ms. Amuchie also is actively engaged in pro bono work through the Public Law Center and has achieved outstanding results for her clients. Her commitment to pro bono work led to her receiving the Excellence in Pro Bono Service Award from Rutan, Spirit of Volunteerism Award from OneOC, and the Wiley W. Manuel certificate from the State Bar of California.
- Prosecution and defense of construction contract claims by and against a prime contractor in connection with the construction of a large commercial retail building resulting in a multi-million dollar payment to the prime contractor.
- Representation of a mortgage servicer against class action claims arising from alleged unfair and fraudulent business practices resulting in judgment in favor of the mortgage servicer.
- Representation of an apparel company in an action against a corporation and individuals arising from contract and unfair competition claims. Obtained terminating sanctions against an individual defendant for destroying material evidence and obtained a large default judgment in the action.
- Representation of an insurance brokerage company and its principals against a multi-million dollar claim based on allegations of trade secret theft, business interference, and breach of fiduciary duties by former employer.
- Representation of a seller in a real property transaction against claims for specific performance brought by a potential purchaser after seller decided to sell the property to a third-party. After strategic motion practice, the action was dismissed and the potential purchaser offered to pay an additional $4 million to the seller in order to purchase the property.
- Obtained a partial reversal in the Court of Appeal of an Anti-SLAPP judgment previously entered against the client resulting in an early and very favorable resolution of the action in favor of the client.
- Representation of a real property developer in a contract dispute over a $38 million dollar land acquisition.
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, “Why Should I Do Pro Bono And How Do I Get Started?,” Orange County Bar Association Pro Bono Committee Roundtable, October 2018
- Moderator, “Help I Need To Develop Business Now! Practical Tips for Associates and New Partners,” California Minority Counsel Program Conference, October 2015
News & Insights
- Q&A with the Honorable Andrew P. Banks,” Association of Business Trial Lawyers Report, Winter 2015
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (2021-2022)
- OneOC’s Spirit of Volunteerism Award (2018)
- Rutan & Tucker, LLP’s Excellence in Pro Bono Service Award (2017)
- State Bar of California’s Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Services (2015)
- Lawyers of Color’s Annual Hot List (2014)
Memberships & Associations
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association
- Thurgood Marshall Bar Association
- California Minority Counsel Program