Lucas Hori practices in the firm’s trial department. He is a member of Rutan’s Unfair Competition and Class Action Defense Group which represents businesses in class actions, mass actions, and unfair business practices litigation. He has also been litigation counsel to real estate developers and other local and national businesses in a variety of industries. Based on Mr. Hori’s commitment to obtaining strong results for his clients, he was recognized by Best Lawyers in America as one of the “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” for 2021.
Mr. Hori served as a law clerk to the Honorable Karen E. Scott of the U.S. District Court, Central District of California and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Stephen V. Wilson in the Central District. He attended law school at UCLA and received his undergraduate degree from Pepperdine University, summa cum laude. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Community Legal Aid SoCal.
- Representation of national technology corporation in class action alleging trespass and related claims arising from toner in printer cartridges.
- Representation of Fortune 500 homebuilder in actions by former executives alleging failure to pay out profit participation under their respective executive compensation agreements.
- Representation of defendant in putative class action alleging false advertising and unfair business practices related to client’s career training services.
- Representation of real estate developer in dispute concerning unit prices at mixed-use development.
- Representation of metal forging company in class action alleging personal injury and property damage arising from hexavalent chromium emissions.
- Representation of national technology corporation against class action claims of consumer misrepresentation arising from printer functionality.
- Representation of national financial services provider against class action claims of statutory violations in connection with loan practices.
- Representation of seller in connection with dispute arising from sale of aerospace company.
- Representation of national corporation against claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty in multi-plaintiff action arising from syndicated real estate transaction.
- Representation of parties asserting and defending patent and trademark claims.
- Representation of parties in business contract, real estate title, and collection disputes.
News & Insights
- Bons Mots, Buffoonery, and the Bench: The Role of Humor in Judicial Opinions, 60 UCLA L. Rev. Discourse 16 (2012).
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2021-2022