Roger Friedman is the Chair of the firm’s Corporate Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights Group, and is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Trial Section. Roger’s practice focuses on business litigation, creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, insolvency, and reorganization. He represents secured and unsecured creditors, landlords and tenants, asset purchasers, trustees, receivers, and other fiduciaries, creditors’ committees, debtors, and other parties in bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, and litigation in federal and state courts. He regularly litigates and uses alternative dispute resolution to achieve efficient and economical results for his clients.
Roger graduated in 1992 with dual Bachelor of Arts degrees from the University of California, Riverside. While in college, Roger earned a spot on the Dean’s List and the Student Athlete Honor Roll, and he competed in collegiate athletics at the national level. He graduated in 1996 with a Juris Doctor degree from The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, where he served as a contributing author and staff member on the Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy. Roger served as a law clerk to both the Honorable Mitchel R. Goldberg and the Honorable Robert W. Alberts, United States Bankruptcy Judges for the Central District of California.
Roger is a member of the State Bar of California and is admitted to practice in all California state courts. He is also admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Central, Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Litigation
- Creditors’ Rights
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency, Reorganization
- Saddleback Valley Community Church v. El Toro Materials Company, Inc. (In re El Toro Materials Company, Inc.), 504 F. 3d 978 (9th Cir. 2007)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, for The Honorable Mitchel R. Goldberg, and The Honorable Robert W. Alberts (1996-1997)
News & Insights
- Speaker, “Collecting and Keeping the Money: Pre-Judgment and Post-Judgment Remedies, and Bankruptcy Basics,” In-House MCLE Breakfast Series, July 2015
Awards & Affiliations
- We Give Thanks, Board of Directors
- Jewish Federation and Family Services of Orange County, Board of Directors
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- California Bankruptcy Forum
- American Bankruptcy Institute