Briana Richmond has developed a diverse practice that touches on a wide variety of industries, including complex business disputes involving trade secret theft, fraud, breach of contract, business interference, business dissolution, defamation claims, as well as disputes involving commercial landlord-tenant contracts, commercial construction contracts, and residential construction defects, among other things.
Since joining Rutan, Briana has had the opportunity to take several cases to trial, all of which ended with judgments in her clients’ favor. While she is well-versed in aggressively litigating cases when such an approach is appropriate, Briana also actively seeks to balance litigation demands with clients’ overall business concerns, including with respect to cost control and maintaining business relationships. Briana’s dedication to professional excellence has led to Best Lawyers in America recognizing her as one of the “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” for 2021 and 2022.
- Prosecution of a complex business dispute against a client’s former officers and agents for breaches of fiduciary duty and contractual obligations, theft of corporate information, and other acts of unfair competition, resulting in a judgment in favor of the client for compensatory and punitive damages after a six week trial.
- Representation of a commercial landlord against claims of fraud and breach of contract brought by a tenant, resulting in an award in favor of the client following an arbitration on the merits.
- Prosecution of a local businessman’s claims for breach of contract and breach of warranty against an auctioneer for the auction and sale of celebrity memorabilia, resulting in an award in favor of the client after an arbitration on the merits.
- Representation of a local performing arts complex against a claim for breach of contract, resulting an award in favor of the client after an arbitration on the merits.
- Prosecution of contract claims by a prime contracting firm arising from the design and construction of several power generating facilities throughout California.
- Prosecution of a local homeowner’s multi-million dollar construction defect claims against a contractor, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Representation of a large international company against an action for personal injury.
- Representation of a large national construction company in the prosecution and defense of construction contract claims by and against an international prime contracting firm.
- Representation of a company in the energy and power industry against tort claims.
- Representation of a corporation against claims by former employee for breach of contract, fraud and employment discrimination.
News & Insights
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2021-2023