Joseph Maga practices in most areas of Real Estate law and represents developers, borrowers, purchasers, sellers and investors in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of real estate transactions.
Areas of Expertise
- Land Development
- Acquisition and Sales of Real Property
- Borrower Side Real Estate Financing
- Joint Ventures
- Worked extensively in all areas of residential and commercial land development, including single family, condominiums, multi-family, in-fill, multi-property assemblages, master planned communities, golf courses, industrial, medical-office and mixed use developments. Since 2010 have completed more than thirty (35) “cradle to grave” projects involving due diligence analysis; acquisition; obtaining financing and equity funds; processing federal, state and local land use entitlements/permits; handling environmental remediation issues; and the ultimate sale of projects.
- Negotiated and drafted purchase agreements, option agreements, covenants, conditions and restrictions, and all related documents required for land development. Sold entitled projects to numerous publicly traded and regional builders, including, Cal Atlantic (Standard Pacific), William Lyon Homes, K. Hovnanian, Lennar Homes, D.R. Horton, Taylor Morrison, Beazer Homes, KB Home, Pulte Homes and New Home Company.
Negotiated and documented real estate and mezzanine financings on behalf of borrowers/developers, including acquisition, construction and land loans; seller carryback financing; land banking transactions and profit participations for all types of projects with numerous major institutional lenders.
Handled negotiation and drafting of equity investments for individuals and institutions, including the preparation of partnership agreements and operating agreements. Negotiated and documented joint venture transactions for land development projects with numerous equity funds, institutional investors and high net worth individuals.
Partial List of Representative Clients
- Integral Communities
- Shea Homes
- Mill Creek Residential Trust
- Panattoni Development Company
- The O’Donnell Group
- Net Development Company
- Orange County Employee Retirement Systems
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
Orange County Bar Association, Real Estate Section