Kathryn D.Z. Domin
Kathryn Domin’s practice focuses on litigation involving a wide variety of industries and topics, including real estate transactions, landlord tenant disputes, misrepresentation and fraud, business interference claims, defamation, soft intellectual property disputes, unfair business practices, and class action defense (to name a few). Kathryn represents local individuals and businesses in Orange County, as well as companies operating nationwide.
Since joining Rutan, Kathryn has had the unique opportunity to take several cases to trial, all of which of ended with judgment/verdicts in her clients’ favor. While she is very experienced in aggressively litigating cases when that approach is appropriate, in each case and with every client she actively seeks the balance between the demands (financial and otherwise) of litigation and the best business result for her clients. She strives to be a counselor – one her clients can trust to always be looking out for their best interests.
While in law school, she donated her time to the Pepperdine Legal Aid Clinic at the Union Rescue Mission on Skid Row in Downtown Los Angeles. Prior to law school, she graduated from UCLA with a B.A. in Political Science and a minor in English.
- Representation of local businessman in four week jury trial against a real estate company for breach of contract and quantum meruit, resulting in a 2016 multi-million dollar verdict in client’s favor.
- Representation of local sewing manufacturer and its principals in two week jury trial against multi-million dollar claims for business interference and defamation brought by formerly prominent local production company, resulting in a 2015 verdict in defendants’ favor and recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Representation of landlord in bench trial against furniture company for breach of lease, resulting in a 2015 judgment in client’s favor for all requested damages, including attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Representation of utility company owner in dispute with prime contractor regarding contract for installation of underground utility infrastructure.
- Representation of an international corporation against claims for fraud, unfair competition, and breach of contract.
- Representation of a general contractor in multiple payment disputes with subcontractors.
- Representation of an international corporation in defense of trademark infringement, unfair competition, and related claims.
- Representation of a commercial real estate investor in the prosecution of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and related claims.
News & Insights
- “Judicial Council Emergency Eviction Limitations in California Due to COVID-19,” Rutan & Tucker, LLP E-Alert, April 2020
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, 2020-2022
- OneOC Spirit of Volunteerism 2012 Outstanding Volunteer Award
Memberships & Associations
- Member, Board of Trustees, Olive Crest
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association