Kevin Brazil’s practice includes all aspects of real estate transactions, including residential real estate acquisitions and development, joint ventures, capital transactions, exchanges, real property secured transactions, commercial and retail acquisitions and development, commercial leasing, environmental law and general real estate. Kevin is experienced in the negotiation and documentation of all aspects of residential commercial development projects, real property purchase and sale transactions, retail projects, land use agreements, commercial leasing transactions and financing transactions. His practice regularly involves the representation of residential homebuilders, developers, retail developers, commercial developers, landlords, tenants, lenders and borrowers.
Areas of Focus
- Residential Development
Specific Experience Includes:
- Acquisition and Development: All aspects of residential development including land development, the negotiation and documentation of agreements for the acquisition and sale of residential real property projects, master development projects, land use and development agreements, construction and consulting contracts, as well as processing master management documents. Specific experience includes large multi site and multi jurisdiction asset acquisition and disposition transactions. Experience also includes representing clients with respect to governmental entitlement and satisfaction of conditions to development.
- Joint Venture and Structured Equity: Transactions involving joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations. Representation often involves assisting clients in structuring the organization, and in the negotiation and documentation of joint venture agreements.
- Commercial/Retail Development: Transactions for the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of retail shopping centers as well as commercial and industrial projects. Projects have included shopping centers, office projects and commercial buildings.
- Financing and Real Property Secured Transactions: Extensive experience in structuring, negotiating and documenting real property secured transactions, including the representation of both lenders and borrowers with respect to permanent loans, construction loans, shared appreciation loans, lines of credit and revolving loans, as well as loan modification and work out transactions.
- Environmental: Practice regularly includes advising clients on all aspects of environmental law as it relates to real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease and financing of real property. Environmental matters have included advising clients regarding potential liability for environmental contamination, and with respect to agreements for the assessment, characterization and remediation of hazardous substances.
- Industrial: Experience includes transactions relating to the acquisition, development and sale of property for industrial uses. Specific experience includes negotiating and documenting transactions for the sale of a major industrial property, the acquisition of raw land for purposes of mining development, and development agreements for a major aggregate production facility.
- Lennar Homes
- Pacific Castle Management
- The New Home Company
- Arroyo Capital
- Shea Homes
- D.R. Horton
- Panattoni Development
- Bryant Ranch
- ACS Development
News & Insights
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preemininent™ rating with LexisNexis/Martindale Hubbell
Memberships & Associations
- State Bar of California (Real Property Section)
- Orange County Bar Association (Real Property Section)
- Board of Trustees, James L. Stamps Foundation