With a practice focused on intellectual property and entertainment matters, Talya’s clients have included some of the world’s largest retailers, record companies and music publishing companies, movie and television studios, and tech companies. Talya aims to achieve swift, cost-effective results for her clients and has experience representing clients in a variety of matters, including copyright, trademark, patents, false advertising, unfair competition, defamation, and business disputes. Equally representing plaintiffs and defendants, she has obtained wins for her clients at the pleading stage and on summary judgment. She has experience in both state and federal courts, and has authored multiple successful briefs for the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Obtaining summary judgment for both defendants and plaintiffs in copyright and contract actions on a variety of grounds. E.g. UMG Recordings, Inc. v. Glob. Eagle Entm’t, Inc., 2016 WL 3457179 (C.D. Cal. Apr. 20, 2016); Apps v. Universal Music Grp., Inc., 283 F. Supp. 3d 946, 956 (D. Nev. 2017); Overrated Prods., Inc. v. Universal Music Grp. Recordings, Inc., 2019 WL 7195327 (C.D. Cal. 2019); Straughter v. Concord Music, 2020 WL 6828920 (C.D. Cal. Oct. 13, 2020).
- Winning large judgments and other, nonmonetary relief, for successfully litigating suits. E.g. Overrated Prods. v. Universal Music Group Recordings, Inc., 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 52136 (C.D. Cal. 2020).
- Obtaining dismissal at the pleading stage on a variety of grounds. E.g. Beata Music, LLC v. Danelli, 2018 WL 8243999 (C.D. Cal. July 9, 2018).
- Successfully representing clients on appeal in a variety of cases. E.g. Universal Music MGB NA LLC v. Quantum Music Works, Inc., 769 Fed. Appx. 445 (9th Cir. 2019); Apps v. Universal Music Group, Inc., 763 Fed. Appx. 599 (9th Cir. 2019).
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Bar Association