Adam Volkert’s practice experience includes the full range of real estate transactions, including commercial leasing, negotiating purchase and sale agreements and representing borrowers and lenders in secured and unsecured financing transactions.
Adam has extensive experience in leasing, including industrial, commercial and retail projects, representing both landlords and tenants. He also taught a course on understanding and negotiating office leases.
Areas of Focus
- Real Estate Acquisition
- Shopping Center Development
- Leasing – Extensive representation and negotiation on behalf of landlords and tenants in leases ranging from regional mall leases, ground leases, shop retail and neighborhood center leases, to multi-floor office building and industrial leases. The retail lease experience includes negotiation of leases with most of the nationally known institutional tenants in general retail as well as restaurant and other specialty uses.
- Real Estate Acquisition – Involved in numerous purchase and sale agreements and escrow instructions, option agreements and sale/leaseback transactions involving both sellers and buyers, including due diligence and title review, coordinating with escrow companies and concluding escrow and table closings.
- Shopping Center Development – Represent numerous shopping center developers in connection with acquisition of existing centers and land on which to construct center, prepare and negotiate covenants, conditions and restrictions, declarations involving major tenants, major tenant leasing and financing issues.
- Financing – Extensive experience representing institutional lenders, private lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured financing transactions.
News & Insights
- Speaker, Top 10 Negotiated Provisions in Commercial Leases, Rutan & Tucker MCLE Series, November 2014
- “Fifth Amendment-Double Jeopardy: Two-Tier Trial Systems and the Continuing Jeopardy Principle,” 75 Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology 653, 1984
- Speaker at BOMA seminar regarding negotiation and understanding office leases.
- Executive Editor, Northwestern University Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, 1985-1986.
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
AV® Preemininent™ rating with LexisNexis/Martindale Hubbell
Memberships & Associations
Orange County Bar Association (Member, Real Estate Section)