Christina McSparron works closely with individual and corporate clients across the country, at all stages in the life cycle of the business. In her practice, she regularly acts as general outside counsel and advises on diverse matters such as entity structuring, corporate governance, mergers, acquisitions, debt and equity financing, licensing, and general business operations. She regularly advises entrepreneurs and executives in the automotive, technology, restaurant, food and beverage, building materials and manufacturing, and retail industries.
Prior to her practice of law, Christina was an entrepreneur, building two businesses in California and Minnesota, and was a director of an international non-profit. She is successful in assisting her clients to grow and protect their business potential while taking calculated business risks. Christina prides herself on bringing real-world business knowledge to her practice for a creative problem solving approach.
Christina is a graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles and University of Minnesota Law School, where she was an editor of the Minnesota Law Review.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate & Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Emerging Companies & Entrepreneurial Services
- Restaurant, Hospitality and Retail
- Food & Beverage Law
- Building Materials
- Franchise & Distribution
- Health Care
Restaurant, Food and Beverage
- Represent a Southern California restaurant chain in franchising and development.
- Represent both buyers and sellers in the acquisition of franchised restaurants across the U.S., including Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Burger King, Long John Silver’s brands, and various fast casual brands (for example, acquisition of 72 Taco Bell restaurants in Northeastern US, sale of 64 KFC units in southeast and Midwest US, acquisition of 77 Pizza Hut units in Texas, acquisition of 6 McDonalds units in California).
- Represented a private equity group in its acquisition of a franchisor fast casual restaurant chain, including 125 corporate owned units.
- Represented a London-based company in its sale of a U.S. food processing facility.
- Represented a QSR restaurant owner in its related sale and purchase of restaurants using a 1031 Exchange process.
- Represented a Southern California based restaurant chain in its real estate ventures.
- Negotiate development agreements and operating agreements for owners and operators.
- Represent a national restaurant conglomerate in negotiation of various vendor and development contracts.
- Represented an aftermarket parts company in its capital raise and refinancing.
- Represented a buyer in its acquisition of a transmission company.
- Represented a motorcycle dealership in its sale of certain divisions.
- Represented management in their purchase of a wheel and tire company from the owners.
- Represented a buyer in its serial acquisitions of automotive dealerships.
- Represented a Canadian automotive company in its acquisition of dealerships in the United States.
- Represent various original equipment manufacturers in the negotiation of distribution and licensing relationships, including software and development agreements.
- Represent a semi-conductor company as outside general counsel for business matters including acquisitions, licensing, and development agreements.
- Represent cyber security and software companies in licensing, SaaS, and distribution relationships.
- Represented a U.K. based company in its acquisition of a supplier’s patent portfolio.
Building, Manufacturing and Technology
- Represented a public building materials company in serial acquisitions of distribution companies across the U.S.
- Represented an international logistics provider in its sale to a private equity group.
- Represented parent company in its reorganization and financing of its South American subsidiaries.
- Represented manufacturer and distributor of cornerbead products in its corporate sale.
- Represented a company in its acquisition of business assets out of a bankruptcy estate.
Health Care and Medical Device
- Represented a medical device company in a $380 million sale to a private equity group.
- Represented various buyers and sellers in the sale or acquisition of dental and medical practices, closing over 20 transactions with values from $150,000 to $2.5 million each.
- Represented a mental health company in its sale to a strategic acquirer.
- Represented medical and dental practices in negotiation of diverse corporate matters including shareholder agreements, compensation arrangements, leases, and employee matters.
News & Insights
- “2018 M&A Trends and Best Practices,” Rutan & Tucker In-House Series, February 2018
Awards & Affiliations
Awards & Honors
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, 2018-2020
Memberships & Associations
- The Raise Foundation: Member of the Board of Directors and Secretary
- Orange County Bar Association: Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association: Member
- Association for Corporate Growth