Eric J. Tisdale, Ph.D.
Eric Tisdale is a Patent Agent in the firm’s Intellectual Property department with extensive experience practicing before the United States Patent & Trademark Office and international/foreign intellectual property offices.
Dr. Tisdale has prepared and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications in a wide range of technologies including chemical, medical, mechanical, clean, and computer technologies. Some specific representative technologies include pharmaceuticals, materials, medical devices, hard drive motors, hard drive media, carbon dioxide sequestration, electrochemical cells, biofuels, solar power, optical surface analyzers, and personal computing devices.
He is also skilled in intellectual property due diligence including patentability and freedom-to-operate searches and analyses.
Dr. Tisdale holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of California, San Diego, where he focused on the development of a Claisen/Diels-Alder/Claisen rearrangement cascade and a general synthetic strategy for the preparation of caged xanthonoid natural products. His research culminated in the synthesis of a number of these bioactive caged xanthonoids, including the biomimetic total synthesis of forbesione, the first such natural product of this class to be synthesized.
News & Insights
Patents & Publications
- Neitz, R. J.; Tisdale, E.; Jagodzinska, B.; Truong, A.; Tung, J. Methods of Treating Amyloidosis Using Cyclopropyl Derivative Aspartyl Protease Inhibitors. U.S. Pat. No. 7,906,556, Mar 15, 2011.
- Tisdale, E. J. Caged natural products of Garcinia trees: Total synthesis of forbesione, desoxymorellin, gambogin, desoxygaudichaudione A, and seco‐lateriflorone. Ph.D. Thesis, University of California, San Diego, 2004.
- Tisdale, E. J.; Slobodov, I.; Theodorakis, E. A. Unified synthesis of caged Garcinia natural products based on a site‐selective Claisen/Diels-Alder/Claisen rearrangement. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2004, 101, 12030 – 12035.
- Tisdale, E. J.; Slobodov, I.; Theodorakis, E. A. Biomimetic total synthesis of forbesione and desoxymorellin utilizing a tandem Claisen/Diels-Alder/Claisen rearrangement. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2003, 1, 4418 – 4422.
- Tisdale, E. J.; Vong, B. G.; Li, H.; Kim, S. H.; Chowdhury, C.; Theodorakis, E. A. Total synthesis of seco‐lateriflorone.Tetrahedron 2003, 59, 6873 – 6887.
- Tisdale, E. J.; Li, H.; Vong, B. G.; Kim, S. H.; Theodorakis, E. A. Regioselective synthesis of the tricyclic core of lateriflorone. Org. Lett. 2003, 5, 1491 – 1494.
- Tisdale, E. J.; Kochman, D. A.; Theodorakis, E. A. Total synthesis of atroviridin. Tetrahedron Lett. 2003, 44, 3281 – 3284.
- Tisdale, E. J.; Chowdhury, C.; Vong, B. G.; Li, H.; Theodorakis, E. A. Regioselective synthesis of the bridged tricyclic core of Garcinia natural products via intramolecular aryl acrylate cycloadditions. Org. Lett. 2002, 4, 909 – 912.
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
United States Patent & Trademark Office