Dr. Graham Bowles brings over 10 years of experience in interpreting Life Science and Engineering subjects, including complex wave analysis, medical imaging, molecular diagnostics and communications.
Dr. Bowles has a background in Biology with a PhD focusing on acoustics and communication. Prior to joining the firm, he interned with the Management Consulting firm, L.E.K. Consulting, as a Life Science Specialist and worked with Pacific Coastal Radiology as a Business Liaison. As a result, he is uniquely positioned to recognize the Intellectual Property needs of his clients from both the technical and business standpoints, whether they be individual inventors or Fortune 500 companies.
Since joining Rutan, he applies his rigorous analytical training and scientific writing skills to
- Drafting and Prosecuting technical applications;
- Conducting I.P. due diligence and evaluating portfolios;
- Building databases for I.P. portfolio management;
- Prior art and patentability searches;
- and developing his Post-Grant Review expertise.
He enjoys the diverse range of industries that he gets to interact with which can include
- Medical device
- Electrical Engineering
- Audio/Visual Technology
- Consumer goods
News & Insights
- Bowles, G. R. (2013) The low frequency vocal communication for a herd of African elephants (Loxodonta africana) in the Okavango Delta, Botswana. PhD Thesis, University of Bristol, Bristol, U.K.
Awards & Affiliations
Memberships & Associations
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Patent Law Association